If you have problems sublimating your energy along the spine it means that there are some places in which the main nadis (Sushumna , Ida, and Pingala) are strangled, and consequently the flow of energy is interrupted.
You may release these knots of energy by practicing different Yogic or Taoist techniques. One highly effective technique is performing a daily program of asanas, pranayama and meditation, aiming to activate each center of force in a balanced manner.
Here is an example of asanas which will make your energy circulate through your entire body and ease your task:
1. Padahastasana - for 3-7 minutes
2. Badrasana - for 3-7 minutes
3. Paschimottanasana - for 3-7 minutes
4. Sukhasana - for 3 minutes for the activation of the receptive aspect of Svadhisthana Chakra and 3 minutes for the activation of the emissive aspect of Svadhisthana Chakra
5. Shalabasana - 2 minutes
6. Supta Vajrasana - 3 minutes
7. Dandasana - 3 minutes
8. Bhujangasana - 5 minutes
9. Yoga Mudra - 5 minutes
10. Ardha Matsyendrasana - 3 minutes for the activation of the receptive aspect of the fifth center of force ( Vishuddha Chakra) and 3 minutes for the activation of the emissive aspect of Vishuddha Chakra
11. Sarvangasana - 3 minutes
12. Garudasana - 3 minutes for the activation of the receptive aspect of the sixth center of force ( Ajna Chakra) and 3 minutes for the activation of the emissive aspect of the sixth center of force
13. Halasana - 3 minutes
14. Padmasana - 3 minutes
We feel compelled to note that after practicing one asana you should take some time to relax standing or lying on the ground, perceiving the activation and the awakening of a particular center of force.
In the end of the session of asanas, it is compulsory to perform the yogic relaxation as described in our article "The relaxation".
Another method to make your energy ascend along your spine up to your head center is to use two important areas of your spine: the sacral area (the lumbar area) and the base of the skull.
The spinal cerebral fluid floods the brain and spine. If you press the sacrum and the base of the spine, the stagnating energy will be set in motion and consequently this fluid will bring an additional impulse to the brain.
THE METHOD ITSELF
1. Activate the sacral area by rhythmically contracting your anal sphincters and rocking your pelvis back and forth for 50-100 times.
2. Activate the skull area by lifting and lowering your chin in a slow motion. Perform 20 to 50 such movements at a slow pace. Keep the face and the neck muscles relaxed.
3. After you have activated both these areas, relax for several minutes and start the process of making the energy ascend along the spine to the crown of the head, as we described in the article "The ascendant movement of the sexual energy".
Your eyes should be closed and directed to the area of the crown. This inner "look" will help the process of sublimation .
4. Repeat these three steps until you actually perceive the energy going upwards.
In the following, we will introduce a method for releasing the blocked energy through repeated ascensions and descents of the energy along the spine:
1. Sit in a meditation position: Sukhasana, Vajrasana or simply on a chair with your spine straight.
2. Place your left hand on the area situated two widths of fingers above the sexual area and the right hand in the middle of the chest, in the cardiac plexus area and close your eyes.
3. Take a deep breath and imagine that you raise the energy towards your right hand, and from there to the crown of your head.
4. Exhale while visualizing the downwards flow of energy from the area of the head, through the heart area and finally into the abdomen.
5. Repeat 3 and 4 until you perceive the free flow of energy along the spine.
REMEMBER: a gram of practice is worth a ton of theory!!