Using oils and essences is an important part of a sensual massage. Oil contributes to a smooth, flowing massage, enabling your hands to glide easily around the body.
There are a lot of things you have to know about oils and essences if you want to become a master of erotic massage:
1. When choosing your oil, avoid those that are thick and greasy, and those with a heavy odour. Light vegetable and nut oils are easily absorbed and benefit the skin with their natural properties. Among the most popular for massage are sweet almond, avocado, grapeseed, olive, apricot kernel, peach kernel, soya and sunflower.
This can be applied neat to the skin or you can add fragrant essential oils to them, using them as carrier oils, as in aromotherapy massage.
2. Essential oils are extracted from plants and have particular healing properties. Different essence are thought to benefit the well-being of the body, mind and emotions as well as influencing the mood of a massage. Many essential oils are also belived to have aphrodisiac qualities.
3. Some aphrodisiac oils: cedarwood, cinnamon, cloves, neroli, patchouli, rose, sandalwood and ylang-ylang. A few drops of essential oil added to 25ml (1fl.oz) of carrier oil should be sufficient for a massage, or you can add up to 25 drops of essential oils to a 50ml (2 fl.oz) bottle of carrier oil. Blended oils can go rancid after a few weeks. To help extend their shelf-life, add a teaspoonful of wheatgerm oil, which acts as an antioxidant to your carrier oil. Only make up small amounts and store them in airtight bottles in a cool, dark place. If you choose a cheaper carrier oil such soya, you can add a teaspoon of a more expensive, richer oil such as avocado or hazelnut both of which are excellent for dry skins.
4. When massaging, keep your oil in a narrow-necked bottle with a small opening to avoid spillage and the possibility of pouring out too much at a time. Stand the bottle on a saucer and keep it within arm's reach throughout the massage.
5. Warm the oil by rubbing each application between your hands before stroking it onto your lover's body. Cold oil will jolt the system and feels far from sensual.
6. Apply a little oil at a time to the area you are about to massage and smooth it into the skin with a series of continous, flowing strokes.
A SUGGESTION FOR AN APHRODISIAC BLEND:
3 drops ylang-ylang
2 drops sandalwood
3 drops rose or jasmin
25ml carrier oil
CARESS YOUR LOVER WITH ALL YOUR HEART !